Sunday 1 August 2010

Yokohama Fireworks

This summer I didn't want to miss a fireworks show.

We were going to go to the Adachi fireworks in Kita Senju but it didn't end up happening, and the Sumidagawa fireworks were on the same night as a party I said I was going to. So, I made sure we would go to Yokohama's Kanagawa Shinbun. We went last year and I really enjoyed it.

Last time we were a little far away, with the Intercontinental hotel blocking some of the view. This year we hoped to get to Rinko Park, much closer to the action. Unfortunately a lot of other people had the same idea, so instead we, along with many others sat down on a closed-off road just outside the Pacifico complex which gave an almost unobstructed view.

This time we brought some cracker and cheese snacks, along with some limited edition green tea Krispy Kreme donuts we bought nearby. Of course I had the mandatory chu-hi to celebrate the spectacle. I also brought along my tripod this time to avoid camera shake and "alcohol hands".

I took a LOT of photos. They turned out much better than last year. But due to the unpredictability of fireworks, the best came about solely by chance. Here's a few.

0 comments: